Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mushroom and Leek Quiche

I have done it, he says with a slight feel of exultation, my first Quiche. A little too firm and the pastry was not quite right but none the less a very tasty result for meat eaters and non meat eaters alike.

Start with shortcrust pastry, and thaw. Puff pastry which I partly used ie about half sort of led to mixed results. Blind bake for about 25 mins at 180c. (Blind Bake: Use a weight of dried beans, rice or pastry baking marbles to hold down pastry while baking. This stops the filling making the base soggy.)

For the filling I combined 4 eggs with 1 cup of low fat milk and whisked together.

Saute 1 finely sliced leek with 5 thinly sliced swiss mushrooms.

Lay mushrooms and leek on base and pour in the egg mixture, cook at 180c until set.

I garnished with fresh asparagus and for the meat eaters some smoked salmon.

Can be served with bread and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment