Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Mountains


For those who noticed I have been away for a few days in the Blue Mountains. We did the usual holiday things, ate out, read a lot and generally relaxed. In addition we went shopping which is always fun (did i really say that). In particular we went looking at antique and second hand stores and book shops.

Yes for those who know me extra boxes were bought, two in fact so my collection had grown yet again. Books were also purchased including a couple of vintage titles. I have for a little while now collected older cookbooks. Partly out of interest in how food preparation has changed over the years, and partly to amuse myself. I find books from the 1970s very amusing, I guess because that was when I grew up. It is my aim to write about some of these books in future posts.

In addition to all of this the one prize pictured above was a Noritake dinner service for 8. The price was right and it clearly wanted to belong in our house.

Hopefully the blog will be back to normal from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment