Saturday, January 24, 2009

Beef Stir Fry





I love my chinese style food, and a stir fry is quick tasty and really hits the spot, this is my standard stir fry recipe. I will use chicken, pork or beef but use basiclly the same ingeredients.

I don't know how authentic this is but i love the flavour balance and can eat it often.

500 gms beef stir fry strips
!/2 sliced onion
Diced Red peeper
1 Sliced red chilli
Ginger matchsticks to taste
2 pak choi, slice stems and remove leaves

Using rice bran oil
Cook the meat and remove it


Then add in the vege and cook until a little soft but still has some crunch.

Return the meat and add

2tbs Light soy sauce
2tbs dark soy sauce
1tbs Shao Hsing Wine ( sherry will do)
1tbs black rice vinegar

Add in the Bok choi leaves at the last minute

Thicken the sauce with corn flour or arrowroot and water

Serve on a bed of rice

Garnish with unsalted roasted nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment