- chicken pieces, cut into serving sizes,bone in
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicuum sliced
- mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 400gms tinned tomatos
- 1 cup passata
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
Add the sliced onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms to the pan. Increase the heat to medium high. Cook until the onions are translucent, and the mushrooms have given up most of their moisture, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan and cook a minute more.
Add the wine and scrape up any browned bits at the bottom of the pan. Simmer until the wine is reduced by half. Add the tomatoes. Stir in the pepper, thyme, oregano, and about a teaspoon of salt. Test and taste to adjust. Simmer uncovered for another 5 minutes. Place the chicken pieces on top of the tomatoes and onions, skin side up. Lower the heat and cover.
Simmer until chicken is cooked and serve on a bed of pasta.