Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Andhra Tamarind Vegetable Curry


Ok not sure if I can really call this by its true name, I have taken a number of liberties with the recipe. It was nice and this is what I did.

Heat 2tbs sesame oil (I know but its authentic)
Add
1tsp black mustard seed
.5 tsp fenugreek powder
1tsp asafoetida powder
1tsp dried red chilli flakes
2tsp curry leaves
When the seeds start to pop
Add
2 tsp tamarind paste
1 tbs brown sugar
1tsp turmeric
2tsp grated ginger
300 mls of water

Now dice the vege, I used (I think you could add whatever vegetables you have on hand)
2 eggplants
1 butternut squash
2 diced chillies
2tbs red lentils
Place a lid on and leave to simmer until vegetables are soft

Then whisk  125mls of water with 1 tbs of besan flour
Add to curry stir and heat

Serve with rice and desired Indian condiments




No comments:

Post a Comment