Saturday, June 11, 2011

American Beef Potroast


For this I grabbed myself the cheapest piece of beef I could find, as you are going to cook it for about 12 hours the cheaper the cut the better it will respond. I used my slow cooker to cook the meat and it worked really well.

Make sure to brown your meat on all sides it adds a lot of flavour.

Place meat in slowcooker and add
Beef stock, enough to cover at least 1/2 of the meat
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can condensed tomato soup
4 cloves of crushed garlic
Several small potatoes
3 large onions quartered
4 carrots cut into half
Season

Now cook on low for 11-12 hours, you don't need to stir, but ensure you turn the meat and do not allow the liquid to run out.

Serve with biscuits (individual yorkshire puddings) use the juices as a gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment