Saturday, January 23, 2010

Preserving Our Heritage


If you have been reading my blog you will know I have started posting some of favourite recipes from my mothers cookbooks. The new Hairy Bikers Program Mum's Know best, seems to be about preserving family recipes from the U.K. The book is great and has lots of interesting family favourites, many are recipes past down through generations. They are often unique, recipes that you would never find anywhere else. Can't wait for the show to screen here! It got me thinking in this time of flashy cookbooks, celebrity chefs, TV cooking shows are we as Australians losing some of our family favourites. Being a multicultural country this would obviously include food from many cultures. So I am interested in joining or starting such a project. I will start with my blog but if someone knows of a project please let me know. If I get enough recipes I will start a blog for just these Australian Family Favourites. I am interested in any feedback.

Pictured are some of my mothers cookbooks and recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment