Sunday, February 28, 2010

Where are the wine stories?


It was pointed out to me last week that even though this blog has been running for some time I have not as yet written about wine, not even once. So why is it in the title? A fair point and one I hope to address now.

I love wine and have done so since i was first introduced to it at University. I graduated from drinking flagons to ordering cases of quality wine. A good friend and cellarman by trade once said if you can't taste the difference between an expensive and an inexpensive wine then always get the inexpensive.

To educate your palate try anything. Some will become favourites and others you will never touch again. To improve your taste by a bottle now and then that is just above the price range you prefer. This way you will learn to know the difference.

I love Australian wine and it makes up most of the wine i buy. However I have come to appreciate that wines from many other countries have much to offer. The two Italian reds above are a case in point, smooth easy to drink wine that ideally complements food.

One small tip room temperature for reds is not 30c so put those reds in the fridge for a while to lower their temperature, you will taste the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment